I apologize for those who have been waiting for some new recipes for the last week! It’s exam season at school, hence it’s been a busy month trying to finish school and getting ready for exams. It’ll be a slow month, but I’ll try my best to upload recipes regularly.
For any dessert lovers- this should be something to try. It’s an amazing delicious dish that is definitely very easy to make. Since the main ingredients of this dessert is butter and brown sugar, it has a strong sweetness to it along with the creaminess from the butter.
The richness of this dessert plays well with whipping cream on the side. I added some chocolate shavings to give it some more texture.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp shaved chocolate
- 3 tbsp rum (optional)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
1. Melt the butter in a pot at low heat. Make sure the butter doesn’t burn!
2. When the butter is all melted and warm, add in the brown sugar and stir until the sugar is all melted. If you want a rich flavored pudding, you can cook the sugar and butter mixture for 1 or 2 more minutes.
3. Using a bowl, mix together cornstarch 1/2 cup of milk first. Mix the cornstarch and dissolve it completely. Do make sure that there are no cornstarch chunks. If there is, strain it before mixing it with anything else! Otherwise, the pudding with be chunky.
4. Whisk in the eggs into the cornstarch mixture.
5. Whisk in the egg mixture now with the remaining milk. Then stir the milk into the sugar mixture. Mix well. Add in vanilla extract and cinnamon.
6. Place the pot onto high heat and stir constantly. Once it starts bubbling, turn the heat to medium. Stir until the mixture thickens. This should take around 5-10 minutes.
7. Stir in some rum if you want to add it.
8. Pour into serving glasses and refrigerate overnight. Before serving, add on whipping cream and shaved chocolate.